LHS Cable Alarm Point Locator
LHS Alarm Point Locator is a microprocessor based product. It uses the Atmel Mega 8515 microcontroller. The LHS cable is a pair of steel wire with conductive plating insulated by a thermo sensitive material. The pair of wires are twisted and enclosed in a protective outer shield to form a cable. This wire is used to sense Heat. In case temperatures rise anywhere along the length of cable the thermo sensitive material will breakdown and melt. The two steel wires will then make contact at that point.
Because the steel wire used has a specific resistance, the resistance from the panel to the alarm point is linearly proportional to the cable length.
Features of LHS wire
- Twin-conductor switching heat sensing cable.
- Effective monitoring at precise point of risk.
- Economical, reliable and durable detection.
- Simple and easy to install.
- Applied where other types of fire detection are unsuitable.
- Operating temperature is -650C to +2000C.
Uses of LHS cable
- Rack storage
- Vehicle engine bays
- Boiler fronts
- Ships holds
- Rail locomotives and rolling Stock
This panel is built in an IP56 ABS enclosure. The front fascia of the panel has LED indications for Alarm and Fault on LHS cable. A power ON LED will glow when the power supply is available. The Panel has a numeric display for distance indications which consist of 4 nos. x 7 segments.